Sunday, 28 April 2013
The King's Orange Rangers
The figures are, of course, the new Perry plastic British infantry. I posted my initial thoughts on them here. For this small unit I used one of the box's sergeants and the officer, but not the drummer or ensigns. I think my placing of the tumplines improved as I progressed with the unit, so I feel much happier about putting these figures together now. There is an excellent re-enactors site for this regiment here. I'm sorry its taken a while to post a full unit of these figures - readers of Tarleton's Quarter have a right to expect quicker treatment of new AWI releases. Also, the focus on my camera is waning, I think, as these photos aren't as sharp as they should be. Thirdly, I've noticed that the matt varnish I use has a dulling effect on the brown ink wash I use on the figures' faces - I'm checking whether this affects both metals and plastics,but I noticed it particularly with these figures; it's why some of the eyes look much darker than they should.
12 figures. Painted March/April 2013.