Wednesday, 19 December 2007

Current wip



Just a short update as it's been a bit quiet here recently. The first pack of Conquest's Delaware Indians is finshed and in the basing process. A not-quite-finished photo is above; Saturday should see the finished articles. These took longer than I had anticipated, because research indicated that the Delaware were colourful chaps and so I painted lots of bag designs and wampum beadwork. I have also started on the 18-figure Hessian von Bose musketeers. I spent today um-ing and ah-ing over how to deal with the trouserwear - this regiment spent many months tramping through the dust and woods of the Carolinas and I couldn't decide whether to maintain the "parade ground" look that I usual adopt for Hessian troops or go for something a bit different. This evening I decided to paint the overalls in a variety of colours and I also got the greenstuff out to give half the figures some tears in their clothing. A photo of tonight's conversions is also above. I have no idea how these are going to turn out, and looking at some Eureka "ragged Continentals" I think I've probably overdone it a bit; so this may turn out to be the worst modelling idea I've had....

3 comments:

clibinarium said...

Nice idea on the Hessians; usually they are depicted as having marched off the parade ground. I can't wait to see how they turn out

legatushedlius said...

The Indians (sorry, First Nations aboriginals) are looking great!

Steve said...

...i'll add my congratulations to those of legatushedlius on the Indians - very nice indeed....