Wednesday 19 December 2007

Current wip



Just a short update as it's been a bit quiet here recently. The first pack of Conquest's Delaware Indians is finshed and in the basing process. A not-quite-finished photo is above; Saturday should see the finished articles. These took longer than I had anticipated, because research indicated that the Delaware were colourful chaps and so I painted lots of bag designs and wampum beadwork. I have also started on the 18-figure Hessian von Bose musketeers. I spent today um-ing and ah-ing over how to deal with the trouserwear - this regiment spent many months tramping through the dust and woods of the Carolinas and I couldn't decide whether to maintain the "parade ground" look that I usual adopt for Hessian troops or go for something a bit different. This evening I decided to paint the overalls in a variety of colours and I also got the greenstuff out to give half the figures some tears in their clothing. A photo of tonight's conversions is also above. I have no idea how these are going to turn out, and looking at some Eureka "ragged Continentals" I think I've probably overdone it a bit; so this may turn out to be the worst modelling idea I've had....

3 comments:

clibinarium said...

Nice idea on the Hessians; usually they are depicted as having marched off the parade ground. I can't wait to see how they turn out

legatus hedlius said...

The Indians (sorry, First Nations aboriginals) are looking great!

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

...i'll add my congratulations to those of legatushedlius on the Indians - very nice indeed....