Monday 23 August 2010

Current wip


Apologies for the lack of posts. There is quite a lot on the basing table, as the photo shows. This should all be coming in for photographing over the next couple of days. Also completed is the Baron Campi figure as brigade commander for my first completed 1815 French brigade. The second brigade is underway - one battalion finished (above) and another started last week.


I thought I might take a month-by-month approach with my various periods and see how it goes. August has been an 1815 month and next month will be either First Carlist War or AWI - I need to see what's in the leadpile for both periods; cavalry mainly, I suspect. Despite the Perries releasing tempting goodies every month (for the AWI it was French artillery in August and Lauzun's Legion in September) I am trying to refrain from buying any new figures until the lead and plastic piles are reduced. Some of my AWI leadpile, specifically a few militia packs, is in hibernation while I wait to see if Alan Perry produces anything else to go with them (such as the "northern" militia figures I saw a couple of years ago). In the meantime there is plenty to be getting on with.

1 comment:

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

They look nice Giles from what I can see.I admire your ability to refrain from adding to the lead pile which is something I've never been able to succeed at very well.

Cheers
Christopher